Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center & Clinics (SORCC)
Oregon State Vaccine Lottery Incentive
The State of Oregon is sponsoring the “Take Your Shot” Lottery to incentive COVID-19 vaccination. The state opened a voluntary self-registration portal earlier this month for those who received their COVID-19 vaccine through the Federal VA Health Care System, on Tribal lands or out of state.
State Press Release
Vaccinated at a VA hospital or clinic? Register online for your chance to win!
The Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs is informing Veterans, spouses, employees and others who received their COVID-19 vaccine through the Federal VA Health Care System, on Tribal lands or out of state, that you will need to take an additional step to be entered in the state’s COVID-19 Lottery on June 28.
While most vaccinated Oregonians were entered in the state’s drawing automatically, those who received their shots at the VA or out of state were not, due to privacy laws that prevent federal agencies from sharing protected information with state partners. Therefore, the State of Oregon is offering the chance for those who were not entered automatically to voluntarily self-register at www.takeyourshot.oregon.gov.
The personal information you enter on this form will be held by the Oregon Health Authority and treated with the utmost confidentiality. It will be used for no other purpose than this drawing. For those who wish to the enter, please ensure that you submit your registration form by June 27.
The confidential web portal for this is live at www.takeyourshot.oregon.gov.
The lottery applies only to Oregon residents who received their vaccine at any federal VA hospital or clinic (both in or outside of Oregon).
The deadline for Oregonians to register for this drawing is June 27.
Other than the self-registration site, names for the drawings are pulled from state immunization records. Due to privacy rules and regulations, individuals who receive a COVID-19 vaccine at a VA health care facility are not registered in the state immunization information system.
Although the VA offered and is able to provide de-identified information to the State to allow Veterans and employees the opportunity to be registered, the state opted to develop a separate entry site which allows Veterans and employees to self-register. To be eligible, Veterans and employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs must self-register in the state of Oregon.
- Earlier this year, the White House announced its goal to administer at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot to 70% of the U.S. adult population by July 4, 2021.
- Nationwide, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported 17% of adults are still hesitant about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- VA has seen lower vaccination rates among some Veterans, especially in rural and highly rural areas.
- In an effort to achieve the White House’s vaccination goal, a number of state and local governments have begun conducting lotteries and giveaways as vaccination incentives.
- As part of VA’s effort to ensure all eligible Veterans, caregivers, those authorized under the SAVE LIVES Act and employees vaccinated by VA have an opportunity to participate in these lotteries and giveaways, VA is partnering with states to ensure they can participate.
- All VA health care systems serving the state of Oregon are sharing state information on how to self-register for the “Take Your Shot” vaccination lottery.
- VA takes detailed measures to ensure the privacy of all patient data and has not, and will not, disclose any privacy information to state partners.
Don’t Wait! Register your vaccination at takeyourshot.oregon.gov