VA » Health Care » Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center & Clinics (SORCC) » Features
Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center & Clinics (SORCC)
- 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001
- Where was I When the Events of 9/11 Occurred? W.A. Being a native NYC’r / Manhattan & Brooklyn, it cuts close and additionally as one of my best friend’s lost her husband (NYFD) in the towers collapse.
- Historic Heat Wave Forecast
- Dangerous heat wave forecast for the Pacific Northwest. All-time high records are going to be challenged. Temperatures at night will also stay above normal and cooler weather is not forecast until well into next week.
- Oregon State Vaccine Lottery Incentive
- The state opened a voluntary self-registration portal earlier this month for those who received their COVID-19 vaccine through the Federal VA Health Care System, on Tribal lands or out of state.
- Get Educated, Motivated and Vaccinated.
- Offering COVID-19 vaccine to all Veterans, their spouses, Caregivers of Veterans, Surviving Spouse of a Veteran or Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs benefits.
- Beneficiary Travel Reimbursement
- Veterans, caregivers, and beneficiaries who are eligible for reimbursement of mileage and other travel expenses to and from approved health care appointments can now enter claims in the new BTSSS
- COVID-19 Message from Dr. Kameron Leigh Matthews
- So many of us, particularly from communities of color, are seeing or experiencing the unequal effect of the virus on our family and neighborhoods. We question what is happening and how it could have gotten this bad.
- 35th Observance of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Monday, Jan. 18, 2021, marks the nation's 35th observance of the legal holiday honoring slain civil rights leader and Nobel Peace Prize winner Martin Luther King Jr. On November 2, 1983.
- VA SORCC Anticipating Arrival of COVID Vaccine
- VA SORCC anticipates receiving COVID-19 vaccine in the next round of distributions to be announced soon. In anticipation of the vaccine’s arrival, VA SORCC has been formulating a plan to notify enrolled Veterans.
- COVID-19 Surge
- As Jackson county COVID numbers continue to rise, Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center and Clinics (SORCC) already has plans in place to protect our Veterans and our employees.
- Thanksgiving and COVID-19
- Thanksgiving is fast approaching and with COVID-19 increasing in most parts of the country, millions of Americans will break with tradition this year to celebrate in ways that we hope will keep us all safe and healthy.