Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center & Clinics (SORCC)
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
At Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center & Clinics (SORCC), we have established a number of procedures to assist you in getting an appointment without a long delay.
Our goals are simple —
- You should be able to see your primary care provider within one to two business days.
- You should have faster access to specialty care.
If you have received a postcard stating that you need to make an appointment, please call the Medical Center at (541) 826-2111 or toll free 1 (800) 809-8725.
Changing Your Appointment
For a listing of your current appointments, please call the Medical Center at (541) 826-2111 or toll free at 1 (800) 809-8725.
Please contact us as soon as possible if you cannot make your appointment. This will allow us to reschedule you sooner as well as schedule one of your fellow veterans for the original appointment. Call (541) 826-2111 to reschedule.
|Canteen (133)||541-826-2111 ext 3325|
|Chaplain (125)||541-826-2111 ext 3318|
|Chief of Staff (11)||541-826-2111 ext 3232|
|Clinical Support (118)||541-826-2111 ext 3416|
|Community Resource Development (135)||541-830-7467|
|Compliance (00C)||541-826-2111 ex 3346|
|Dental (160)||541-826-2111 ext 7455|
|Diversity (00C)||541-826-2111 ext 3416|
|Employee Education (118E)||541-826-2111 ext 3416|
|Eagle Point National Cemetery (41)||541-826-2511|
|Facilities Management (138)||541-826-2111 ext 3358|
|Health Administration (136)||541-826-2111 ext 3655|
|Human Resources (05)||541-826-2111 ext 3207|
|Information Management (003)||541-830-7480|
|Information Security & Privacy (003)||541-830-7404|
|Library (142)||541-826-2111 ext 3298|
|Medical Service (111)||541-826-2111|
|Mental Health Service Line (116A)||541-826-2111|
|Nutrition & Food Service (120)||541-826-2111 ext 3457|
|Physical Medicine and Rehab (117)||541-826-2111 ext 3658|
|Psychiatry (116A)||541-826-2111 ext 3476|
|Public Safety (132)||541-826-2111 ext 3363|
|Quality Management (00QM)||541-826-2111 ext 3604|
|Recreation (11K)||541-826-2111 ext 3391|
|Resource Managment (04)||541-826-2111 ext 3622|
|Residential Care Program||541-826-2111|
|Safety (138S)||541-826-2111 ext 3150|
|Social Work (122)||541-826-2111 ext 3300|
|Substance Abuse Treatment Program (116c)||541-826-2111 ext 3273|
|Vocational Rehab. Program (116C1)||541-826-2111|
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.